Sr. Localization Solutions Architect (Great Seattle Area)
The Senior Localization Solutions Architect (SA) is responsible for contributing to winning viable business that meets the company’s marketing criteria, and helping set realistic expectations and limits of service levels for production. To successfully do this, the Sr. SA will be responsible for understanding customer needs, researching existing and potential solutions that may benefit the customer, engaging with relevant internal stakeholders, helping align requirements of the customer with key stakeholders, developing a written solution, and presenting or reporting relevant information with the client, operations and other key stakeholders.
Location: Greater Seattle area; some domestic travel will be required
Job Status: Exempt, Full-time; applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer
Industry: Translation and Localization
Reports to: Senior Manager, BU Process Development
Benefits: Excellent Benefits Package
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with sales team at early stage of sales cycle (confirm opportunity, get clear understanding of prospect needs, prepare queries for solution development phase, offer operational solutions to prospect’s needs or problems and set the limits of service, etc.)
- Help collect the information needed to understand the prospect´s needs on behalf of Moravia’s key stakeholders. Information gathering requires research about the prospect (the prospect, division, company, and industry), as well as directly with the prospect during email, phone and in-person interviews
- Credibly discuss localization, CAT (Computer-Assisted Translation) and MT (Machine Translation) technologies, testing, and marking best-practices with prospects professionally
- Collect data and relevant information from prospects and internal stakeholders to evaluate potential solutions for leads and opportunities
- Create clear and compelling presentations on proposed solutions for prospects and internal stakeholders
- As a thought leader in the industry, the SSA should contribute to providing higher visibility to the company by participating in trade shows, speaking at conferences and writing articles for publication is strongly encouraged
- Contribute to building internal knowledge management, best practices and training
- Collaborate on continuous process improvement initiatives, including driving innovation in all areas of client services
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES -None
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of translation, localization, internationalization, test and engineering services; knowledge of localization needs across many industries (IT, industry, retail, life sciences, etc.) and by client role (marketer, tech writer, developer, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of MS Office (Excel, in particular); ability to develop macros a plus
- Strong understanding of translation technology required; strong familiarity with major CAT, TMS, MT solutions and the ability to discuss variables impacting cost and quality as well as limitations of each technology
- Familiarity with scripting languages; programming skills highly beneficial
- Advanced technical solution and problem solving skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
Education and/or Experience
- University degree; areas of educational focus that apply to language, language technology, software development or management
- 8+ years of operational experience, of which at least 3 years should be in an area related to solutions engineering at the engineering management or program management level
- Team management experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS -None
To apply for this position online, please provide your contact information and then attach your CV/résumé and cover/motivational letter. Feel free to apply for as many opportunities for which you are qualified. If you do not find an appropriate job currently open, but feel you could contribute to Moravia in another capacity, you are welcome to apply as well. In that case, please specify the respective functional area of your interest.
Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. Acceptable file formats are Microsoft Word documents (.doc), Rich-Text Format (.rtf), PDF files (.pdf) and plain text files (.txt).
Do you have one particular business need you’d like to meet? We can help. Get in touch and we’ll have one of our experts give you a free assessment.Contact us >