Sr. Business Development Manager (Life Sciences)
The Sr. Business Development Manager (BDM) is part of Moravia's "Special Forces" Sales team in North America, reporting to the Director Client Acquisition. Special Forces are a highly experienced, professional team responsible for bringing in new Life Sciences clients that meet specific ideal customer criteria, who will become Moravia's future lifeblood. The Sr. BDM’s primary responsibility is to create customized solutions and turn business opportunities into customer acquisition, which involves leading the appropriate Moravia team members and resources through all steps in Moravia’s customer-centric (CCS) based business development process.
Position: Sr. Business Development Manager (Life Sciences)
Location: Flexible location within the United States; work-from-home opportunity
Job Status: Exempt, Full-time; applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer
Industry: Translation and Localization
Reports to: Director Client Acquisition
Benefits: Excellent Benefits Package
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Director Client Acquisition to identify appropriate Life Sciences target list, ensuring they are in line with Moravia's ideal customer criteria and business acquisition goals
- Work with Director Client Acquisition to set and achieve weekly personal targets, which will lead to the achievement of sales goals
- Lead the business development cycle and coordinate the participation of ideal resources including Marketing, Executive sponsors, Sales management, Production experts, and Solution Architects to drive the business development cycle to close with targeted prospects
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date account, contact, and activity details are maintained in sales database at all times.
- Follow up on all leads, developing ongoing relationships with prospects to position Moravia as the vendor of choice when an opportunity arises
- Represent Moravia at client events, trade shows, and conferences
- Heighten awareness of Moravia’s solutions through publication and sharing of company content via professional networks
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES - None
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Customer-oriented listening skills (ability to understand goals, general business knowledge)
- Focus on business: awareness of competitive environment, ability to always look for new opportunities
- Strong organizational and administration skills
- Outstanding phone skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite
- High level knowledge of commercial translation tools is a plus
- Fluent in English; additional language knowledge a plus
Education and/or Experience
- Higher business education, or equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted
- Minimum 5 years of sales experience, as an individual contributor, required
- Demonstrated large account sales success; Fortune 500 a plus
- Minimum of 3 years of direct Life Sciences localization sales experience, strongly preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS - None
To apply for this position online, please provide your contact information and then attach your CV/résumé and cover/motivational letter. Feel free to apply for as many opportunities for which you are qualified. If you do not find an appropriate job currently open, but feel you could contribute to Moravia in another capacity, you are welcome to apply as well. In that case, please specify the respective functional area of your interest.
Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. Acceptable file formats are Microsoft Word documents (.doc), Rich-Text Format (.rtf), PDF files (.pdf) and plain text files (.txt).
Check out our blog for content on topics that matter to your business. Subscribe to get the latest.