Music & Localization Specialist (Cupertino, CA)
Are you passionate about music? If you have a great sense of the current musical trends and cultural awareness of the target country (required), we invite you to join a team devoted to ensure excellent quality in Music Related Content.
Hourly, non-exempt position
W2 payroll position
Working hours: 08:30 am to 4:30 pm
Onsite position in Cupertino, CA
Are you passionate about music?
If you have a great sense of the current music trends and cultural awareness of the target country (required), we invite you to join a team that’s dedicated to excellent quality in Music Related Content.
We are looking for individuals with native fluency in the following languages:
Arabic, Russian, Danish, German, Spanish (Spain/Mexico), French (France/Canada), Italian, Traditional Chinese (Taiwan/Hong Kong), Dutch, Portuguese (Brazil/Portugal), Swedish, Finnish, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Thai, Turkish and Simplified Chinese.
- Passionate about music.
- Listens to music daily and current with local market.
- Blogs about music, reads/writes about it, publishes to social media and keeps up on current music events
- Culturally savvy with a good sense of appropriate content for the target country audience.
- Journalism, copy editing, marketing, editorial or similar experience desired.
- Able to follow instructions, work under pressure and tight deadlines, and have strong attention to detail.
- Flexible, willing to learn new tools and be part of a collaborative team in a multicultural environment.
- Assess if text is compliant with style guidelines provided.
- Determine if writing is appropriate and satisfactory for target language market and if it’s compelling and appealing enough for its purpose.
- Ensure facts in text are accurate by conducting research on the topic.
- Eligible to work in the US
- Native speaker fluency of target language
- Cultural awareness of target language
- Able to type in target language with local keyboard
Skills and Experience
- Familiar with iOS products, services and features preferred
- Highly-organized with attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English required
- Culturally savvy with good judgment of appropriate content for the target country audience
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Flexible with tasks, easily adapt to change in project
- Prior experience in journalism, copy editing, marketing or editing preferred
- Translation, editing and proofreading experience preferred
To apply for this position online, please provide your contact information and then attach your CV/résumé and cover/motivational letter. Feel free to apply for as many opportunities for which you are qualified. If you do not find an appropriate job currently open, but feel you could contribute to Moravia in another capacity, you are welcome to apply as well. In that case, please specify the respective functional area of your interest.
Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. Acceptable file formats are Microsoft Word documents (.doc), Rich-Text Format (.rtf), PDF files (.pdf) and plain text files (.txt).
Check out our blog for content on topics that matter to your business. Subscribe to get the latest.