Subtitle Editor for Movie/App/TV content
Moravia is looking for Subtitle Editors with a keen eye for detail interested in Subtitling and Video Localization to work with us in a multicultural environment.
Location: Culver City, CA
Candidates must have native speaker fluency in one of the following target languages:
Arabic, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, English (UK & Australia), Catalan, Spanish (Mexico & Spain), Finnish, French (France & Canada), Hebrew, Hindi, Croatian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil & Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese (Taiwan & Hong Kong)
Our client is a Fortune 100 company located in Culver City, CA. Subtitle Editors will be asked to perform complex linguistic and functional testing of localized software applications and websites. They will watch TV content with subtitles on and check for typos, mistranslations, audio glitches, character corruption, and terminology inconsistency.
- Hourly, non-exempt position
- W2 payroll position
- Working hours: 9 am to 5 pm
- Onsite position in Culver City, CA
- Eligible to work in the US
- Native speaker fluency of target language
- Cultural awareness of targeted language
- Regular contact with the target language
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Must be able to type in the target language with local keyboard
Skills and Experience
- Familiar with iOS products, services and features preferred
- Highly-organized, with attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Ability to track, analyze, and report issues
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible with tasks, easily adapt to change in project
- Prior subtitling, closed captioning, translation, localization experience
- QA experience
To apply for this position online, please provide your contact information and then attach your CV/résumé and cover/motivational letter. Feel free to apply for as many opportunities for which you are qualified. If you do not find an appropriate job currently open, but feel you could contribute to Moravia in another capacity, you are welcome to apply as well. In that case, please specify the respective functional area of your interest.
Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. Acceptable file formats are Microsoft Word documents (.doc), Rich-Text Format (.rtf), PDF files (.pdf) and plain text files (.txt).
Check out our blog for content on topics that matter to your business. Subscribe to get the latest.