Business Development Manager (Eastern US)
The Business Development Manager (BDM) will be part of one of Moravia’s Business Units, reporting to the Director of Client Acquisition. This team is a highly experienced, professional team responsible for supporting an existing client base. This role will focus on enhancing the existing team by bringing in new clients that meet specific ideal customer criteria that will add to Moravia’s portfolio. The BDM’s primary responsibility is to create customized solutions and turn business opportunities into customer acquisition and involving and leading the appropriate Moravia team members and resources through all steps in Moravia’s customer-centric (CCS) based business development process.
Location: Eastern US (Eastern Time Zone)
Job Status: Exempt, Full-time
Industry: Translation and Localization
Reports to: Director of Client Acquisition
Benefits: Excellent Benefits Package
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with Director of Client Acquisition to identify appropriate target list in line with Moravia's ideal customer criteria and business acquisition goals
- Works with Director of Client Acquisition to set and achieve personal targets, which will lead to the achievement of sales goals
- Works with various Moravia colleagues and resources to develop solutions that will meet Prospective customer’s business goals
- Leads the business development cycle and coordinates the participation of ideal resources from Marketing, Executive sponsors, Sales management, Production experts, Solutions architects to drive the business development cycle to close with targeted prospects
- Logs and maintains all contacts into sales database, ensuring they are constantly up-to-date and performs regular reporting as required by management
- Follows-up on all leads, developing ongoing relationships with prospects to position Moravia as the vendor of choice when an opportunity arises"
- Ensures that pricing levels negotiated with the customer meet a corporate target profit level, and (re)negotiates contracts as appropriate
- Negotiates favorable terms for master services agreements with major clients, often in the range of $100,000 to $500,000 + in revenue
- Travels to prospects and new clients as necessary
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES -None
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Fluent in English; additional language knowledge a plus
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite
- High level knowledge of commercial translation tools is a plus
- High level knowledge of commercial testing tools is a plus
- Focus on business: awareness of competitive environment, ability to always look for new opportunities
- Proactive approach to work, self-starter
- Patient, not easily discouraged, sure that consistent effort will lead to success
- Customer-oriented skills (listening skills, ability to understand goals, general business knowledge)
- Strong organizational and administration skills
- Strong networking skills
Education and/or Experience
- Higher business education; or equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted
- 5+ years of hunter sales experience
- Knowledge of localization and/or test + engineering services
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS - None
To apply for this position online, please provide your contact information and then attach your CV/résumé and cover/motivational letter. Feel free to apply for as many opportunities for which you are qualified. If you do not find an appropriate job currently open, but feel you could contribute to Moravia in another capacity, you are welcome to apply as well. In that case, please specify the respective functional area of your interest.
Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. Acceptable file formats are Microsoft Word documents (.doc), Rich-Text Format (.rtf), PDF files (.pdf) and plain text files (.txt).
Do you have one particular business need you’d like to meet? We can help. Get in touch and we’ll have one of our experts give you a free assessment.Contact us >