Japanese Content Producer - Hotels industry
Moravia is looking for freelance content producers who are native Japanese writers and editors. This project for a high-profile, Fortune 500 client covers hotels in global destinations for the Japanese market. Candidates, who may be based anywhere in the world, will write factual, objective headlines, overviews and descriptions in Japanese, ensuring accuracy and consistency of style, structure and voice. As well as adhering to client-specific guidelines, writers will liaise effectively with members of the in-house editorial team.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism
Job Status: Independent Contractor (Freelance, work from home, 20+ hours per week)
- All applicants must take and pass an unpaid writing test to be considered.
- An immediate start is expected upon successful completion of an unpaid training session.
- Full-time availability (20+ hours per week) for the duration of project is preferred (from start date until the end of 2017).
- No travel or in-person research is required.
- Excellent communication and time-management skills.
- Accurate and efficient researcher.
- Meticulous writer with exceptional command of Japanese grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Ability to:
- craft fact-based entries that are not marketing content or subjective.
- follow structured editorial and style guidelines.
- adapt to new editorial and technological requirements as the project develops.
- respond promptly and professionally to editorial queries and directives.
- Experience with content management systems (CMS) and spreadsheets is preferred.
- 3+ years of professional writing experience.
- Proven delivery of quality content in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with hotel market, global and/or travel experience preferred, but not required.
- Business Level English required: Candidates must be able to effectively communicate with management team in English. (Note: This is not a translation or localization position.)
To apply for this position online, please provide your contact information and then attach your CV/résumé and cover/motivational letter. Feel free to apply for as many opportunities for which you are qualified. If you do not find an appropriate job currently open, but feel you could contribute to Moravia in another capacity, you are welcome to apply as well. In that case, please specify the respective functional area of your interest.
Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. Acceptable file formats are Microsoft Word documents (.doc), Rich-Text Format (.rtf), PDF files (.pdf) and plain text files (.txt).
Check out our blog for content on topics that matter to your business. Subscribe to get the latest.