Group Linguistic Services Manager
Location: Czech Republic, Ireland, UK, Spain, Poland
Reports to: Program Manager
- Understand, identify expectations and needs of Moravia customers handled by his/her group, and create/implement linguistic strategy and program of linguistic services that need to be delivered by managers under his/her responsibility to ensure customer´s satisfaction and increase business potential with the given customer.
- Create/implement and continuously enhance corporate linguistic quality management methodologies and concepts for the customers managed by his/her group to ensure quality criteria. Educate customers in the area of latest LQA methodologies if applicable.
- Drive and ensure cost-efficient and professional expert linguistic support is provided to Moravia project teams (translation tools, glossary creation, terminology management, query support, style guide preparation, creation of linguistic instructions and documents, deliver trainings for project team members) by the managers under his/her responsibility. Act as escalation point for the project teams, implement corrective actions with managers under his/her responsibility if applicable. Continuously investigate areas for improvement, ensure NPS in accordance with the bar set for MLS.
- Act as an escalation point in case of customer´s dissatisfaction and/or failure of the manager under his/her responsibility to deliver the service level expected.
- Represent Moravia in customer and Business meetings.
- Oversee personnel functions of the staff, including recruitment, training, supervision and evaluation of staff. Meet with subordinates to ensure compliance with standards, practices and policies.
- University degree in arts: linguistics or translation OR experience in managing lang-specific areas of localization projects
- 3+ years' experience in localization industry in quality area and/or linguistic services (e.g. Terminology management, coordination of linguistic resources, quality manager, etc.)
- 3+ years' experience as localizer in the role of proof-reader, review, quality management
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Advanced user knowledge of CAT tools, terminology mgmt and QA tools
- Excellent presentation/communication skills, with the ability to clearly present the localization life-cycle to client
- Proven abilities in project planning, resource and risk management
- Problem-solving capabilities
- Quality and detail-oriented
- Strong team player in a multi-language/multi-cultural environment
- Self-starter and pro-active
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines under pressure
To apply for this position online, please provide your contact information and then attach your CV/résumé and cover/motivational letter. Feel free to apply for as many opportunities for which you are qualified. If you do not find an appropriate job currently open, but feel you could contribute to Moravia in another capacity, you are welcome to apply as well. In that case, please specify the respective functional area of your interest.
Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. Acceptable file formats are Microsoft Word documents (.doc), Rich-Text Format (.rtf), PDF files (.pdf) and plain text files (.txt).
Do you have one particular business need you’d like to meet? We can help. Get in touch and we’ll have one of our experts give you a free assessment.Contact us >