Japanese Content Editor (Hotels)
Moravia is looking for a Freelance Editor who is native in Japanese. This project for a high-profile, Fortune 500 client covers hotels in global destinations for the Japanese market.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism
Job Status: Independent Contractor (Freelance, work from home, 30+ hours per week)
- Distill complex customer feedback into simple instructions and concepts for the writers and QCers.
- Help lead, manage, develop, and coach a dynamic freelance content creation team.
- Support the editorial production process by proofreading the written units.
- Optimize processes so that we continue to produce high-quality content as efficiently as possible.
- Communicate with QCers and writers to ensure customer-specific expectations are understood.
- Centralize product expertise and customer feedback.
- Participate in regular meetings with the customer.
- Help develop performance measurement tools for the production team, and identify early warning signs of quality degradation from individual writers and QCers
- Implement necessary measures to maintain overall output quality.
- Liaise effectively with members of the in-house editorial team.
- Outstanding communication skills, written skills, organizational skills, and high attention to detail.
- Accurate and efficient researcher.
- Strong command of Japanese and English.
- Ability to build a strong working relationship with the customer, absorbing feedback and providing informed editorial input into project discussions.
- Ability to help manage and grow a team of freelance content creators.
Requirements / Experience
- Full-time availability (30+ hours per week) for the duration of project is a must.
- No travel or in-person research is required.
- 3+ years of professional editorial experience.
- Proven delivery of quality Japanese-language content in a fast-paced environment.
- Business Level English required: Candidates must be able to effectively communicate with management team and customer in English.
To apply for this position online, please provide your contact information and then attach your CV/résumé and cover/motivational letter. Feel free to apply for as many opportunities for which you are qualified. If you do not find an appropriate job currently open, but feel you could contribute to Moravia in another capacity, you are welcome to apply as well. In that case, please specify the respective functional area of your interest.
Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. Acceptable file formats are Microsoft Word documents (.doc), Rich-Text Format (.rtf), PDF files (.pdf) and plain text files (.txt).
Check out our blog for content on topics that matter to your business. Subscribe to get the latest.