Freelance Translator / reviewer, UI/UA/Marketing etc.
Want to be in the vanguard of localization and translate for some of the biggest brands in the world? Then get on board Moravia’s new translation platform!
Translators are required to provide translation and localization solutions for a wide range of deliverables, such as UI, User Assistance content, Web Sites and Marketing Materials, Customer feedback, etc.
We are looking for high-caliber graduates with excellent knowledge of English and the target language—including people with IT, advertising/digital marketing degrees.
Language Combinations: EN to DA/NL/FI/FR/DE/ZHCN/ZHTW/IT/JA/KO/NO/PL/PT/PTBR/RU/ES/SV/TR
Status: Independent Contractor (Freelance, work from home)
- Responsiveness and sense of ownership
- Flexibility and capacity to work under time pressure
- Ability to handle quick turn-around translation jobs
- Motivation and eagerness to learn new things
- Desire to be part of a global localization community /
- Excellent communication skills
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese Traditional (Taiwan)
- Norwegian (Bokmål)
Language and translation skills
- Proficiency in English
- Perfect command of all aspects of the target language: grammar, spelling, stylistic levels
- Perfect understanding of the meaning, stylistic nuances and intended purpose of the English source text
- Ability to render the meaning of the English source in the target language using the appropriate style and register
- Ability to research topics and work with reference materials, such as style guide, glossaries, and others
- Knowledge of computer-assisted translation and terminology tools, or aspiration to learn to work with such tools
- Familiarity with IT, technical, marketing fields
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications
The translations must be:
- Fluent and natural
- Grammatically and syntactically compliant with the official target language rules
- Accurate in rendering the meaning, message and intent of the English source
- Faithful to the tone and voice of the product
- Engaging and attractive, especially for marketing content
- Conforming to the defined KPIs
Basic activities required from the translator
- Editing and proofreading
- Implementation of changes
- Studying and following client instructions
- Participation in trainings necessary for the project
- Usage of tools specifically designed for the project
To apply for this position online, please provide your contact information and then attach your CV/résumé and cover/motivational letter. Feel free to apply for as many opportunities for which you are qualified. If you do not find an appropriate job currently open, but feel you could contribute to Moravia in another capacity, you are welcome to apply as well. In that case, please specify the respective functional area of your interest.
Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. Acceptable file formats are Microsoft Word documents (.doc), Rich-Text Format (.rtf), PDF files (.pdf) and plain text files (.txt).
Check out our blog for content on topics that matter to your business. Subscribe to get the latest.