Copy Editor & Content Reviewer
Moravia is looking for candidates with native fluency in the following target languages: Swedish, Finnish, Danish & Norwegian. In compliance with quality assurance specifications, the Copy Editor & Content Reviewer will perform complex testing of localized products, using tools provided. This role is responsible for verifying that text/images convey the same message as the source language (EN-US), and will provide high quality proofreading, review and editing translation services.
Location: Munich, Germany
Status: Fixed term contract - fulltime Position
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create appealing trendy texts for media related content.
- Identify and report localization, layout and functional bugs
- Review creative writing content, improving tone and style if necessary, to match client´s standards.
- Assess whether the reviewed texts comply with the guidelines provided
- Assess whether the writing is good and appropriate for the target country´s market, and if the piece is compelling and appealing enough for its purpose.
- Check that the facts included in the text are accurate by conducting research on the topic at hand, and make the necessary edits
- Attend training sessions and project meetings as requested
- Leverage established localization workflow and translation tools
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Candidate must be eligible to work in Germany
- Candidate must have native speaker fluency in any of the following languages: Swedish, Finnish, Danish & Norwegian
- Candidate must be proficient in written and spoken English
- All languages are welcomed to apply and if position is not available, your resume will be uploaded to our database for future opportunities
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- BS/BA and 2+ years of relevant work experience; or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience in the field of data management, may be substituted
- Basic editorial experience (translation, editing and proofreading)
- Must have a native speaker fluency in the target language, and be familiar with the target country´s culture and current events
- Strong linguistic skills, preferably with experience in Translation / Localization / Editing / Proofreading / QA / Interpretation
- Up-to-date awareness of current and common technical language usage in the target language
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English required (ability to write clear and concise reports in English regarding bugs found during testing)
- Good knowledge of, and level of interest in cultural goods (music, movies, games, books, apps) for the target country audience
- Culturally savvy with a good sense of judgment on the appropriateness of content for the target country’s audience
- Act as subject matter expert for linguistic issues in the target language; ability to research and resolve linguistic questions
- Excellent knowledge of multiple entertainment genres
- Excellent awareness of target country’s entertainment media, including trending and charting
- Ability to type in target language with local keyboard, including PC and Mac platforms
- Mac / iOS / OS / iPhone / iPad user
- Strong functional skills, tech savvy
- Detail orientated
- Effective multitasking over simultaneous assignments
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Collaborative; enjoys teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Familiar with media streaming services using various platforms
- Flexible, willing to learn about new tools and different procedures
- This is a unique opportunity for you to make a great career in a high growth company with good development opportunities
- You will truly collaborate with a group of experienced, mature, fun professionals to provide value-add innovative services to some of the most exciting companies in the world.
- Opportunity to work in a multi-cultural environment
To apply for this position online, please provide your contact information and then attach your CV/résumé and cover/motivational letter. Feel free to apply for as many opportunities for which you are qualified. If you do not find an appropriate job currently open, but feel you could contribute to Moravia in another capacity, you are welcome to apply as well. In that case, please specify the respective functional area of your interest.
Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. Acceptable file formats are Microsoft Word documents (.doc), Rich-Text Format (.rtf), PDF files (.pdf) and plain text files (.txt).
Check out our blog for content on topics that matter to your business. Subscribe to get the latest.