Business Intelligence Developer
The BI Developer is responsible for building and support Moravia's BI and reporting solutions through developments and enhancements to BI applications and databases. The successful candidate possess strong analytical thinking and good presentation skills.
Reports to: Development Manager
Benefits: Excellent Benefits Package
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and plan BI solutions - requirements gathering, their prioritization and evaluation, preparation of estimates of time complexity
- Debug, monitor and troubleshoot BI solutions
- Write relational and multidimensional database queries
- Create and deploy reports
- Design, develop and troubleshoot SSIS packages that implement complex ETL processes
- Expertise utilizing Microsoft ETL/data integration tools (SSIS and T-SQL scripts) a must
- Manage night job data processing for ongoing success — troubleshoot and rectify any production related issues
- Adherence to all development standards and protocols including the likes of Change Management, Code Review, Documentation and Testing
- Educate and advise internal customers on how to leverage available data for consumption
- Build relationships with business intelligence partners to understand data needs in order to execute with excellence on documented user requirements and prototypes
- Designs functional tests for BI solutions, executes the tests, automates BI Solution tests
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong skills in Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012 tools including: SSRS, SSAS; and SSIS; Good knowledge of MDX, MS Excel, Excel Services
- Demonstrated T-SQL skills with extensive experience in developing stored procedures, views, functions, triggers and advanced logical methods
- Good oral and written communication skills, including ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with developing technical BI data solutions, with Microsoft tools (SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, Excel and Excel Services) and prior work as a Business Intelligence Developer strongly preferred
- Experience in data warehouse modelling (fact/dimension modelling, slowly changing dimensions etc.), ETL implementations and various forms of reporting (dashboards, ad-hoc etc.)
- Experience with Kimball development methodology a plus. Experience with Web development tools and Web services a strong plus (ASP.NET, VB.NET, XML)
To apply for this position online, please provide your contact information and then attach your CV/résumé and cover/motivational letter. Feel free to apply for as many opportunities for which you are qualified. If you do not find an appropriate job currently open, but feel you could contribute to Moravia in another capacity, you are welcome to apply as well. In that case, please specify the respective functional area of your interest.
Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. Acceptable file formats are Microsoft Word documents (.doc), Rich-Text Format (.rtf), PDF files (.pdf) and plain text files (.txt).
Do you have one particular business need you’d like to meet? We can help. Get in touch and we’ll have one of our experts give you a free assessment.Contact us >