Linguistic Service Manager (Nanjing)
Provide linguistic services to Moravia project teams, Moravia localization partners and Moravia Customers. Define and implement the corporate-wide concept of linguistic quality management.
Location: Nanjing, China
Job Status: Formal
Position: Linguistic Service Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a virtual group of Moravia freelance QA providers and language experts (identification, qualification, contracting, rate negotiations, training, support, evaluation)
- Create/implement corporate linguistic quality management in the appointed field (linguistic quality management concept, linguistic QA methodology and policies)
- Provide expert linguistic support to Moravia project teams (translation tools, glossary creation, terminology management, query support, style guide preparation, training for project team members)
- Provide linguistic support to Moravia localization partners (instructions on terminology, style, monitor query and QA management processes, trainings, evaluation, feedback, improvement solutions)
- Provide linguistic services for Moravia customers (help design customer-tailored linguistic concepts and strategies, act as the contact point in the communication on linguistic quality, terminology and style, perform customer feedback analysis, suggest improvement solutions)
- Perform research on localization/lang-related QA concepts, methodologies, tools, automation; design and implement corporate-wide solutions
- Identify, qualify, contract (including rate negotiations) with freelance contractors and language experts
- Recommend linguistic processes, QA methodologies and tools to Moravia project teams, localization partners and freelance contractors
- Provide consultancy and recommend linguistic processes, QA methodologies and tools to Moravia Customers, represent Moravia in discussions and negotiations with Moravia Customers
- Contribute to design and implementation of process optimization at corporate-wide level
- Participate in the business reviews of Moravia localization partners and contractors
- University degree in arts: linguistics or translation OR experience in managing lang-specific areas of localization projects
- 2+ year experience in Translation/review of expert/technical translations, knowledge of translation/localization environment
- Experience in IT and medical, manufacturing industry areas
- Experience in computer linguistics welcome
- Knowledge of CAT, terminology management and other linguistic tools welcome
- Be familiar with Windows, standard office software
To apply for this position online, please provide your contact information and then attach your CV/résumé and cover/motivational letter. Feel free to apply for as many opportunities for which you are qualified. If you do not find an appropriate job currently open, but feel you could contribute to Moravia in another capacity, you are welcome to apply as well. In that case, please specify the respective functional area of your interest.
Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. Acceptable file formats are Microsoft Word documents (.doc), Rich-Text Format (.rtf), PDF files (.pdf) and plain text files (.txt).
Check out our blog for content on topics that matter to your business. Subscribe to get the latest.