Adobe Flash Localization - Best Practices
Find out how to minimize efforts and costs when localizing Adobe Flash files. This article was written by Adobe, and is based on a compilation of best practices prepared from an independent study by Moravia.
Did you know?
- More than 500 million devices are addressable today with Flash technology, and it is projected there will be over 1 billion addressable devices by the end of 2015.
- More than 20,000 apps in mobile markets, like the Apple App Store and Google Play, are built using Flash technology.
- 24 of the top 25 Facebook games are built using Flash technology. The top 9 Flash technology enabled games in China generate over US million a month.
- More than 400 million connected desktops update to the new version of Flash Player within six weeks of release.
Source: Adobe Flash runtime statistics, retrieved October 18, 2012.
Localizing structured content through translation management tools is generally a simple process. But localizing unstructured content, such as text appearing in Adobe Flash videos, is not easy.
There are, however, some best practices that could be applied to any localization of text or other assets in Adobe Flash files. Following these best practices can lead to effort and cost savings, which when considered in context of the number of languages could be sizeable.
Download this article Adobe Flash Localization, which covers some aspects of Flash localization, including creating English content correctly, so that it is internationalized and thus localization friendly.
This article which was written by Manish Kanwal and Akulaa Agarwal from Adobe Systems, and is based on a compilation of best practices that was prepared from an independent study done for a complex Adobe software product, aided by Jakub Skrabal and Petr Knapek from Moravia. The article was published in MultiLingual Computing #131.
Download the article to learn about topics such as:
- Extracting text
- Text layers
- Embedded videos
- Screenshot animation
- Buttons and active layers
To download the PDF version of this article, please complete the simple form below.