Sound processes are at the heart of any truly efficient translation or localization effort. Companies producing multilingual content are under constant pressure to find further efficiencies - to reduce time-to-market and the total cost of translating content.
But no matter what tools or technologies are deployed, how much investment has been made, or what heroic efforts localization teams may take every day "with what they have", suboptimal processes can never result in an optimum performance.
Moravia's Process Optimization Practice helps clients to address language technology challenges and to design new - or optimize existing - translation and localization processes. Our focus is on implementing best practices related to the complete multilingual process ranging from authoring, to translation, to publishing.
Done right, implementation of best practices and process optimization are often one of the easiest and the most efficient ways of reducing the time and costs needed for localization, and with a very attractive ROI. The goal is to decrease the costs of "non-translation" tasks. In our experience, properly optimized processes can result in cost savings of up to 20-25%, depending on the initial situation.
Some of the challenges our customers encounter most often include:
Knowledge Center: Get Xtra Benefits from Optimizing Your Processes
Find out about how Moravia helps producers optimize their processes to reduce costs and time-to-market.
- High reliance on people rather than processes
- Lack of aligned internal and external processes
- Considerable manual overhead; manually-intensive and error-prone activities or use of non-standard tools
- Significantly underutilized technologies; suboptimal use of tools or systems that were implemented already
- Limited automated solutions, including inefficiencies in the currently-used workflow
- Being locked down in proprietary formats; looking for open standards such as XML or XLIFF
- Obsolete authoring platform in place, leading further downstream to high costs of translation and publishing, especially with multiple languages
- High costs of migration between tools and systems; data loss during migration
- Lack of synchronization of outputs with other groups within the company and suppliers, including localization kits sent to translation suppliers or the management of localization file handoffs and handbacks
- Lack of localization best practices
If you experience some of the issues, we may be able to help you move to the next stage of your process development, and relieve some of your pains. Learn more about our specific Process Optimization Services.
Moravia Global Practice Team
Our practice team is composed of senior localization professionals with long-standing production and technology experience serving a wide range of our customers operating in various industries. This puts us in a unique position - understanding what challenges our customers face, how they solve them, and what truly best practices exist in the industry.
Thanks to our cross-functional team and Moravia's participation in industry-wide initiatives and development of open standards such as OASIS, we can give our clients an unbiased 360-degree perspective.
Moravia's clients have different needs, technologies and processes. And so our process optimization is necessarily a very customer-specific service - there is no one-size-fits-all solution. Rather than retrofitting what may work elsewhere, we always analyze the specific situation and the objectives each and every client has, and use that information to design and propose the best approach.
To find out how Moravia can help you reduce costs by assessing and optimizing your translation and localization processes, please complete the Request for Information form or see other options for contacting us.