Test Team Lead (Santa Clara County, CA)
As an entry level Lead position, the Test Team Lead will manage task delivery in line with the needs of our Client - on time and with quality. This role requires very strong written and verbal communication skills and a great level of flexibility to absorb ad hoc tasks in addition to the overall assignment. The Test Team Lead will be supported by a very experienced offshore Testing Team and is expected to work very closely with them, by providing the Testing Team with all necessary project information gathered.
The Test Team Lead will perform manual testing on applications required by our Client, with rigor and precision before applications go live. Ability to track, analyze and measure project progress and report the same to our Client as well as the offshore team.
Location: Onsite at Client facility in Santa Clara County, California (local candidates only)
Industry: Translation and Localization
Reports to: Sr. Program Manager
Job Status: Non-Exempt, Full-time; applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer
Benefits: Excellent Benefits Package
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manual testing on applications as required by the client
- Experience with automation testing process & results actions.
- Communicate, manage and report bugs effectively, execute standard processes achieve appropriate fix
- Support business tables in UAT and in production
- Gather project details and communicate effectively to the offshore team for execution
- Participate in and monitor go-no-go release meetings
- Track and monitor project progress - reports to client and offshore team
- Provide direction on projects, share and coordinate daily workload with offshore lead and team
- Analysis and creation of formal documentation – including test plans, test scripts and reports
- Highlight and drive issues from identification to resolution
- Review and analyze test scripts
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES - None
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good personality; ability to work with a diverse team under dynamic settings
- Required: Mac OS & IOS (Current & older versions) knowledge and familiarity with Mac devices: iPhone, iPad, iPod
- Agile test process knowledge.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with technology and grasp new concepts quickly
- Strong planning and multi-tasking ability
- High level of professionalism, energy and sense of urgency to make things happen
- Very detail oriented and able to deliver within very stringent timelines
- Multicultural communication skills
- Advanced MS Office skills (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Advanced knowledge of Web Browsers (Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox)
- Basic knowledge of programming and scripting languages
- Knowledge of foreign language(s) is a plus
Education and/or Experience
- University Degree in a relevant technical field; combination of experience and education may be substituted
- 3 - 5 years of experience as a Test Team Lead (or other relevant technical experience)
- Minimum 2+ years of QA leadership
- Full understanding, and hands-on experience with PDLC (Program Development Life Cycle)
- Defect management and reporting systems knowledge
- IT specialization experience desired
- IT Localization industry experience preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS - None
To apply for this position online, please provide your contact information and then attach your CV/résumé and cover/motivational letter. Feel free to apply for as many opportunities for which you are qualified. If you do not find an appropriate job currently open, but feel you could contribute to Moravia in another capacity, you are welcome to apply as well. In that case, please specify the respective functional area of your interest.
Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. Acceptable file formats are Microsoft Word documents (.doc), Rich-Text Format (.rtf), PDF files (.pdf) and plain text files (.txt).
Do you have one particular business need you’d like to meet? We can help. Get in touch and we’ll have one of our experts give you a free assessment.Contact us >