Strategic Account Manager (Western US)
The Strategic Account Manager (SAM) is responsible for maximizing revenue and profit for large, complex, functionally diverse and globally dispersed client partnerships, as well as maintaining strong relationships within client organizations at the decision-maker and end-user levels.
Location: Western US (Pacific Time Zone - San Francisco Bay area preferred)
Job Status: Exempt, Full-time; applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer
Industry: Translation and Localization
Benefits: Excellent Benefits Package
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain client relationship as primary point of contact and serve as the primary escalation contact for client resolution of issues
- Responsible for day-to-day management of clients, requests and accounts
- Maintain strong relationships within client organizations at the decision-maker and end-user levels
- Prepare and conduct quarterly Strategic Account Planning meetings (SAP) and annual executive summits with client
- Collaborate with Business Unit Director, Operations Manager and Project Managers to draft and negotiate contracts, SLAs and client retention agreements
- Develop strong client relationships through regular site visits and meetings and utilize adaptive methods to achieve pre-detailed objectives and meet client needs
- Initiate and promote continuous improvement of procedures, processes, standards and programs to gain cost-effectiveness and efficiency and execute implementation
- Lead a team of the company resources dedicated to the assigned accounts with potential team members, which may include ops, solutions architects, sales and technology teams
- Collaborate with business unit directors to develop and negotiate contract terms, rates, plans, schedules, resources, involvement, and roles/responsibilities
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES - None
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be organized, detail oriented and able to translate big picture ideas into client objectives
- Effective analytical, math and problem solving skills, sound judgment, strong decision making ability and confidence to make difficult decisions
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- English fluency; additional language knowledge a plus
- Strong organizational and management skills
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or International Business preferred; equivalent combination of education and relevant experience may be substituted
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in business consulting
- Consulting selling experience required, with specific sales or account management-related experience preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as Strategic Account Manager (SAM), or combination of Strategic Account Management and Consulting Sales.
- Demonstrated experience with large, Fortune 500 clients
- Aggregate revenue portfolio of M and upwards
- Demonstrated achievement of organic growth of accounts of 15% or higher
- Business development and relationship management experience
- Prior management experience, both direct and matrix
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS - None
To apply for this position online, please provide your contact information and then attach your CV/résumé and cover/motivational letter. Feel free to apply for as many opportunities for which you are qualified. If you do not find an appropriate job currently open, but feel you could contribute to Moravia in another capacity, you are welcome to apply as well. In that case, please specify the respective functional area of your interest.
Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. Acceptable file formats are Microsoft Word documents (.doc), Rich-Text Format (.rtf), PDF files (.pdf) and plain text files (.txt).
Do you have one particular business need you’d like to meet? We can help. Get in touch and we’ll have one of our experts give you a free assessment.Contact us >