Sr. Localization Project Manager (Portland, Oregon)
The Sr. Localization Project Manager (SPM) will take responsibility for getting the job done, from initiation through to delivery. The successful candidate will be highly organized, detail oriented, able to keep up with a very fast moving continuous localization account and will thrive with the challenge of reducing chaos within the program.
The SPM will lead the project team and the account by utilizing a proactive approach; challenging, rather than accepting the status quo. The candidate will have strong communication skills, both with internal teams and management, and with their client counterparts. The SPM will have a team to support, but will own the overall process starting with all phases of the project life cycle, beginning with workflow planning, defining production team roles and responsibilities, project formation and initiation, client communication, and client satisfaction on final deliverables.
Location: Portland, Oregon strongly preferred, but will consider candidates from the Greater Seattle and Greater San Francisco areas
Job Status: Exempt, Full-time; applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer
Industry: Translation and Localization
Reports to: Program Director
Benefits: Excellent Benefits Package
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the business unit through developing effective project delivery solutions/proposals, including quotas and revenue margin projections.
- Prepare project plans and schedules, based on client-specific requirements.
- Allocate required project resources (people, tools, hardware, software, translation partners).
- Ensure quality and timelines of team's deliveries, responsiveness and professional treatment of both external and internal clients.
- Prepare and complete project-specific education and coaching.
- Create and control project budgets, including cost tracking, purchase orders, invoices and approval of work reports.
- Prepare reports and provide feedback regarding progress/forecast of work, status of agreed KPIs (OPI, QMI, Work Reports), escalation of issues, management support needed, etc.
- Organize, assign, measure and monitor work of project team members. Ensure team's compliance with standards, practices and policies.
- Maximize utilization of team members. Prepare alternative work for periods without projects - internal work on unit development, billable work for other teams and units.
- Train and provide guidance to all team members. Create methodologies, tools, and checklists to improve project management process
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES - None
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Excellent oral and written English
- Experience with managing outsourced suppliers/partners
- Experience with budget tracking, forecasting and reporting
- Self-starter with strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Must be able to effectively communicate with senior management levels both internally and with the clients.
- Able to work well in a team-oriented, collaborative, cross-functional environment
Education and/or Experience
- Degree-level education
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as a Project Manager in the Localization industry
- Experience working for a Localization service provider or client side Localization department
- Experience with computer-assisted translation (CAT) tools and project management tools
- Experience with bug tracking systems and triage
- Experience with Translation Management Systems (TMS) and industry-standard or proprietary Localization management, productivity, and/or debugging tools
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS - None
To apply for this position online, please provide your contact information and then attach your CV/résumé and cover/motivational letter. Feel free to apply for as many opportunities for which you are qualified. If you do not find an appropriate job currently open, but feel you could contribute to Moravia in another capacity, you are welcome to apply as well. In that case, please specify the respective functional area of your interest.
Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. Acceptable file formats are Microsoft Word documents (.doc), Rich-Text Format (.rtf), PDF files (.pdf) and plain text files (.txt).
Do you have one particular business need you’d like to meet? We can help. Get in touch and we’ll have one of our experts give you a free assessment.Contact us >