Location: Greater Seattle, Washington area
Industry: Translation and Localization
Reports to: Project Manager
Moravia is looking for a Localization Engineer to join our US team in the Seattle area. The candidate works with cross-functional teams to help resolve localization engineering related projects and/or process problems, and performs technical tasks on projects per project plan instructions to ensure high quality, and on-time deliveries.
- Coordinates all phases of assigned translation projects including pre-processing and post-processing of files, file tracking and management, and project archiving
- Provides engineering support to Project Managers by analyzing project requirements and preparing engineering budgets
- Assures correct file management and file versioning
- Prepares files for translation using standard localization tools
- Defines and prepares tools, processes and files for software globalization and localization
- Tracks all work according to general and project-specific instructions
- Provides training and technical support to vendors, translation teams, and engineering peers; supervises technical processes in terms of quality and productivity of the assigned team
- Owns technical expertise related to the project
- Collaborates on the design, implementation and documentation of new engineering processes and tools
- Follows Moravia-specific and client-specific standards, practices and policies
- Technical education, preferably in Computer Science; University Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted
- Localization Engineering and software localization experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of HTML / XML formats
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP networking and infrastructure (Ethernet, DHCP, WINS, DNS, Subnets)
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Advanced knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Basic to intermediate programming skills (C/C++, Visual Basic, etc.)
- Basics to intermediate scripting (Windows Scripting Host (js, vbs), Perl, RegEx)
- Comprehensive knowledge of standard office software (Microsoft Office)
- Intimate knowledge of the localization industry and its technical aspects
To apply for this position online, please provide your contact information and then attach your CV/résumé and cover/motivational letter. Feel free to apply for as many opportunities for which you are qualified. If you do not find an appropriate job currently open, but feel you could contribute to Moravia in another capacity, you are welcome to apply as well. In that case, please specify the respective functional area of your interest.
Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Acceptable file formats are Microsoft Word documents (.doc), Rich-Text Format (.rtf), PDF files (.pdf) and plain text files (.txt).
Request a Free Assessment
Have a particular need or challenge at hand? Request a free assessment from one of our experts. We help solve some of the toughest localization issues.Contact Us