Business Development Manager, Life Sciences (Western US)
The Business Development Manager (BDM), Life Sciences is part of Moravia's "Special Forces" Sales team in North America, reporting to the Sr. Business Development Director. Special Forces are a highly experienced, professional team responsible for bringing in new Life Sciences clients that meet specific ideal customer criteria, who will become Moravia's future lifeblood. The BDM’s primary responsibility is to create customized solutions and turn business opportunities into customer acquisition, which involves leading the appropriate Moravia team members and resources through all steps in Moravia’s customer-centric (CCS) based business development process.
Location: Western US (Mountain or Pacific Time Zones)
Job Status: Exempt, Full-time
Industry: Translation and Localization
Reports to: Sr. Business Development Director
Benefits: Excellent Benefits Package
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Sr. Business Development Director to identify appropriate Life Sciences target list, ensuring they are in line with Moravia's ideal customer criteria and business acquisition goals
- Work with Sr. Business Development Director to set and achieve weekly personal targets, which will lead to the achievement of sales goals
- Work with various Moravia colleagues and resources to develop solutions that will meet prospective customer’s business goals
- Lead the business development cycle and coordinate the participation of ideal resources from Marketing, Executive sponsors, Sales management, Production experts and Solutions architects; drive the business development cycle to completion with targeted Life Sciences prospects
- Log and maintain all contacts into sales database, ensuring they are constantly up-to-date and perform regular reporting as required by management
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES - None
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Focus on business: awareness of competitive environment, ability to always look for new opportunities
- Fluent in English; additional language knowledge a plus
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite
- Customer-oriented skills (listening skills, ability to understand goals, general business knowledge)
- Knowledge of localization and/or testing + engineering services helpful
- High level knowledge of commercial translation tools a plus
- High level knowledge of commercial testing tools a plus
Education and/or Experience
- Higher business education; equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted
- 3 - 5 years of sales experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS - None
To apply for this position online, please provide your contact information and then attach your CV/résumé and cover/motivational letter. Feel free to apply for as many opportunities for which you are qualified. If you do not find an appropriate job currently open, but feel you could contribute to Moravia in another capacity, you are welcome to apply as well. In that case, please specify the respective functional area of your interest.
Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. Acceptable file formats are Microsoft Word documents (.doc), Rich-Text Format (.rtf), PDF files (.pdf) and plain text files (.txt).
Do you have one particular business need you’d like to meet? We can help. Get in touch and we’ll have one of our experts give you a free assessment.Contact us >