Associate Localization Project Manager (San Francisco Bay Area)
The Associate Project Manager will support the Client’s Online Store Team by coordinating translation and validation of their catalog and campaign content, and will work closely with cross-functional teams and localization vendors to successfully localize a variety of products.
Location: Onsite at Client facility in South SF Bay Area (Local candidates only)
Job Status: Temporary, Full-time, Non-exempt; applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer
Industry: Translation and Localization
Reports to: Sr. Project Manager
Duration of Assignment: 6 months
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate translation projects with multiple vendors and across global Online Store teams
- Develop and maintain updated localization schedules for product releases
- Define, implement, maintain and document the localization process and best practices that will assist with the localization of new products, and product updates
- Identify and prioritize materials for localization and ensure localization efforts are successful
- Track budgets.
- Oversee linguistic validation. Establish, track and analyze localization quality
- Conduct localizability assessments
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES - None
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Passion for Localization and project management
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Very personable and flexible when working with different stakeholders
- Excellent English skills required; additional language knowledge preferred
- Ability to balance many demands from varying teams
- Possess the drive to complete multiple concurrent projects on time
- Proven ability to manage through constant change and at times uncertainty
- Advanced time management and documentation skills
- Advanced Power Point and /or Keynote skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to company culture
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree; or equivalent experience working in translation and/or a relevant technical field
- 2+ years of project management experience in the localization industry
- Experience with vendor management, establishing budgets and tracking expenditures
- Excellent verbal / written communication and analytical skills
- Extremely organized, efficient, with detail-oriented work habits
- Working knowledge of Mac OS X, iOS, and iOS Hardware preferred
- Experience with SDL WorldServer and/or other translation technologies
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS - None
To apply for this position online, please provide your contact information and then attach your CV/résumé and cover/motivational letter. Feel free to apply for as many opportunities for which you are qualified. If you do not find an appropriate job currently open, but feel you could contribute to Moravia in another capacity, you are welcome to apply as well. In that case, please specify the respective functional area of your interest.
Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. Acceptable file formats are Microsoft Word documents (.doc), Rich-Text Format (.rtf), PDF files (.pdf) and plain text files (.txt).
Do you have one particular business need you’d like to meet? We can help. Get in touch and we’ll have one of our experts give you a free assessment.Contact us >